Next Workshop – March 23, 2019
Did you know a large amount of pollution entering Des Moines water systems and Easter Lake is from stormwater runoff? One way to help manage this water is by installing a rain barrel, which in turn can be used to water plants, wash cars, and much more! This “make and Take” workshop co-sponsored by Des Moines Parks and Recreation, Des Moines Stormwater Utility, and the Easter Lake Watershed Project will be an opportunity for participants to briefly learn about what they can do to manage stormwater on their own property and then build their very own rain barrel. All materials and tools will be provided. Be sure you can transport your 55 gallon barrel home!
- When: March 23rd, 2019
- Time: TBD
- Location TBD
- Registration link will come at a later time
- Cost: $50.00 per registration (1 registration for 1 barrel)
- Included in registration: Tools and materials to build one 55 gallon rain barrel.
- Can I make more than one barrel? Yes! However, you must register for each barrel you wish to take home.
- Can my kids participate? Yes! Kids should be accompanied by an adult
- Can someone else help me build my barrel? Yes! We encourage you to brings friends or family to help build your barrel. Just remember, you need to register for each barrel you want to take home. Registration fees pay for the cost of materials