All residents, businesses, or others owning land within the Easter Lake Watershed are eligible for funding assistance for conservation practices. Not sure if you live in the watershed? Check this map.If you live outside of the watershed, funding resources for conservation practices are available throughout Polk County and the Des Moines Metro area. Visit the Rain Campaign website to learn about these funding resources.
What Practices are Eligible for Funding?
- Downspout Redirect
- Permeable Pavement
- Bioretention Cells
- Native Turf
Receiving funding is easy, but it is important to follow the application process. The best way to ensure success is to work closely with the Watershed Coordinator (contact info below). Additionally you can set up a site visit with the Watershed Coordinator which is an in-person meeting to learn more about the different types of conservation practices that fit your property and funding resources.
The Easter Lake Watershed Project funding program operates as a reimbursement for pre-approved projects. Here are the basics:
- Choose a conservation practice you want to implement
- Submit an application to the Watershed Coordinator
- Get pre-approved for funding
- Submit receipts/ paid invoices
- Get reimbursed
Pre-approval is required. Do not have any installation work completed for your conservation before your application is approved. The watershed project cannot provide funding without pre-approval.
For each conservation practice you would like to install, the following forms are needed to submit your application for approval:
- Itemized project estimate
- Designs & design review checklists (if needed)
- Info Data Sheet
- Request for Assistance Form (generated at our office once we have received the 4 items listed above)
Once your application has been submitted, your project will be on the agenda for approval at the next Polk Soil & Water District Commissioner Board Meeting. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Once approved, you will be notified and then can begin installation.
*A W-9 form is needed because funding received from the Easter Lake Watershed Project is subject to income tax.
For Questions Please Contact the Watershed Coordinator
- Julie Perreault | Easter Lake Watershed Coordinator
- Phone: (515) 964-1883 ext.3
- Email: Julie.email@example.com
- Office: 1513 N. Ankeny Blvd. Ste.3 | Ankeny, IA 50023
clean water starts with you